Whilst I was working on my character, I
was able to finish off the rest of my animal cutlery set for the
first project. I started by working on my giraffe fork by using the
same technique as I did on my frog spoon with starting off with box,
extruding, rotating and manipulating the vectors on a plane with a
sketch of my design on it. Whenever trying to create the curviness of
the points on the fork, it took a lot of time adjusting the shape and
vectors so as it didn't look out of proportion. But whenever I
decided that section was finished I then moved onto adding the final
details which was applying the giraffes spots with turbosmoothing
boxes and copying them around the body which includes doing the same
for the eyes and nostrils and using the slate material editor to
bring out the detail and color of the fork with the metallic paint.
The alligator knife was the simplest of
the 3 utensils. With the same technique as the other two I formed the
shape by using boxes, turbosmooth, extrude and vectors. I decided to
add some simple detail by creating thin extruded boxes on the face of
the alligator, applying the nostril and then the eyes. The points of
the knife were pulling out the vectors at the side so as they would
form a curved point of a knife and then scaled the entire model to a
more slimmer shape so as it would be more efficient for smaller hands
holding it. The finishing touches were just applying the metallic
paint material onto the knife so as it would make it look more glossy
and bring out the detail and colour of the model.
Over all I feel I could have done
better whenever it came to creating the knife because I spent more
time constructing the spoon and the fork. I could have been more
precise in creating a more jagged effect for the cutting part of the
knife and with making the detail of the alligator design more
realistic and defining the shape of the fork more correctly but with
the time given in finishing two projects I am happy with what I have
produced on 3D Max.
.png)
.png)
.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment